2.05.2009

Oscar Niemeyer-The Architect & Artist

To me Oscar Niemeyer created a touch of Utopia in a glimpse of what we call a torment of a hell. He has a beautiful aesthetic and a perfect eye for simplicity. I am amazed that he was an atheist since he made such a triumphant cathedral!
Oscar Ribeiro de Almeida Niemeyer Soares Filho (born December 15, 1907) is a Brazilian architect who is considered one of the most important names in international modern architecture. He was a pioneer in exploring the formal possibilities of reinforced concrete solely for their aesthetic impact. His most famous works are probably the many public buildings he designed for the city of Brasília, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Niemeyer is a Brazilian architect who is considered one of the most important names in international modern architecture.


"My work is not about "form follows function," but "form follows beauty" or, even better, "form follows feminine."- ON


"It is not the right angle that attracts me.nor the straight line, tough, inflexible,created by man.what attracts me is the free, sensual curve.the curve I find in the mountains of my country,in the sinuous course of its rivers,in the waves of the sea,in the clouds of the sky,in the body of the favourite woman.Of curves is made all the universe. '- ON








No comments: